BDO USA, LLP Expands Turnaround and Restructuring Services Through Addition of Loughlin Management Partners + Co
July 30th, 2019
BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading accounting and advisory firms, today announced the acquisition of Loughlin Management Partners & Co, Inc. (“LM+Co”), a boutique business advisory firm focused on corporate restructuring and turnaround services, interim management, as well as operational value creation services tailored for private equity investors.
With the addition of LM+Co, BDO expands its suite of event driven business advisory services to support clients throughout their corporate lifecycle. BDO’s corporate and deal advisory services include supporting clients with mergers and acquisition transactions, business restructuring and turnarounds, operational consulting and business improvement, valuation advisory, and investment banking.
The LM+Co team enjoys strong relationships with the senior lender, creditor and equity investor communities and has served in both advisory and interim management roles in more than 200 restructuring situations. With a bench of financial and operational experts, LM+Co professionals have successfully completed more than 600 engagements, helping clients improve operating and financial performance and enhancing shareholder value. The senior professionals of LM+Co Capital, a boutique investment banking and financial advisory firm specializing in middle market and restructuring engagements, and affiliated with LM+Co will also be joining BDO.
The senior professionals at LM+Co work across most industry sectors serving both private equity and corporate clients, with a particular focus and depth of experience in healthcare, industrials, transportation and logistics, retail, technology, media and telecommunications, energy, government and defense contracting, as well as financial services.
The addition of LM+Co to BDO will be effective as of August 1, 2019. LM+Co principal and managing director, James J. Loughlin, Jr., joins BDO as Managing Director responsible for leading the firm’s business restructuring and operational value creation practices. Most of the LM+Co team will relocate to BDO’s New York office at 100 Park Avenue, with others establishing a presence for the newly acquired restructuring and operational advisory group in BDO offices around the country including Arizona, Florida, Southern California, Texas and Pennsylvania.
“BDO is pleased to be joining forces with LM+Co to bolster the resources and national presence of our corporate restructuring and operational advisory solutions, which will greatly benefit our clients,” said Jay Duke, national managing partner of Advisory Services at BDO USA, LLP. “We value the quality of service and extensive knowledge of middle market private equity and restructuring that Jim and his dedicated team of professionals deliver to the marketplace. Our two firms’ commitment to excellence align well and will help to ensure a successful, bright future together.”
Mr. Loughlin also stated, “Bringing our firms together will strengthen our combined offering as a value-added service provider across the entire corporate lifecycle and mergers and acquisition continuum. With the national and international resources of BDO behind us, our ability to provide clients with effective, tailored solutions to complex situations is significantly enhanced. I couldn’t be more excited about the future. . This strategic combination is a win-win for all parties, especially our clients.”
Known for its outstanding reputation, LM+Co has consistently won industry accolades including the “2019 Boutique Consulting Firm of the Year” by the Global M&A Network for the Turnaround Atlas Awards and numerous awards from the Turnaround Management Association.
- Over the past six years, BDO USA’s cumulative growth rate has far outpaced all other major U.S. accounting firms, with revenues more than doubling from $618 million in 2012 to $1.47 billion in 2018. During that time, BDO entered 24 new U.S. cities and expanded its critical mass in 13 existing markets.
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading nonprofits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, asset management, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, restaurant, retail and technology sectors.
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Working Mother Magazine for eight consecutive years and has been recognized with the When Work Works Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for nine consecutive years.
- BDO has more than 60 offices and more than 650 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited, the firm can leverage the resources of more than 73,000 people in 1,500 offices across 162 countries.