This week, CIANJ’s Executive Committee along with President Anthony Russo and Executive Vice President Diane Walsh took a tour of American Dream in advance of its highly anticipated opening. We are thrilled to have American Dream as a member and are equally excited about what this project will do for the Garden State’s economy.
Want to know more about American Dream? We’ve put together the top facts (and some fun facts, too.)
- American Dream is home to the first and only indoor ski and snowboard park in North America
- American Dream’s DreamWorks Water Park is the largest indoor water park in North America
- American Dream’s Water Park and Theme Park have eight record-setters:
- Tallest indoor Spinning Drop Tower in North America
- World’s tallest indoor Body Slide
- World’s largest indoor Wave Pool
- World’s steepest Rollercoaster
- World’s longest & tallest Spinning Coaster
- World’s tallest ropes course – Record-breaking 9-stories
- World’s longest Hydro-Magnetic Coaster
TOP FACTS ABOUT AMERICAN DREAM
- American Dream opens October 25, 2019.
- American Dream has approximately three million square feet of leaseable area.
- The project is approximately 85% leased.
- The total cost to develop American Dream exceeds $5 billion.
- The construction of American Dream has created over 23,000 temporary construction jobs on and off the site between 2014 and 2019. These jobs have generated over $1.2 billion in wages paid.
- American Dream has been built under one of the largest Project Labor Agreements in New Jersey history with the Bergen County Building & Construction Trades supplying over 5.8 million worker hours to construct the project between June 2014 and July 2019.
- American Dream and its tenants are hiring now. The property will employ over 17,000 full and part-time employees.
- American Dream will generate over $150 million annually in sales and other tax revenue for State of New Jersey and is projected to generate over $3.5 billion in tax revenues to the State of New Jersey over its first 20 years of operations.
- American Dream and the State of New Jersey have invested over $800 million in transportation, roadway and related infrastructure improvements in and around the facility.
- Over 55% of American Dream is comprised of unique entertainment venues such as DreamWorks Water Park, Nickelodeon Theme Park, Big SNOW indoor ski and snowboard park, The Rink, a full-size NHL-size skating and hockey rink, and Angry Birds 18-hole mini golf experience.