Two of New Jersey’s leading law firms are joining together to create one of the largest, most diverse legal services firms in the state. McManimon, Scotland and Baumann, LLC (“MS&B”) and Trenk DiPasquale Della Fera & Sodono, P.C. (“TD”) are excited to announce the joining of the firms under the MS&B masthead starting October 1, 2018. The firm’s principal office will be located at 75 Livingston Avenue in Roseland. The firm will continue to maintain an office in Newark while also expanding its current office in Trenton.
TD is regionally recognized for its commercial litigation practice group as well as its corporate restructuring, debtor/creditor and insolvency capabilities. MS&B has earned a stellar reputation through their public and structured finance, land use and development, environmental, corporate and securities, litigation and affordable housing practice areas.
Together, the 51-attorney firm will create institutional synergies with the ability to provide the highest quality legal services to meet all of its clients’ legal needs. The firm will provide a full array of legal services to its clients, with specialties in (i) project development and public and private structured finance, (ii) corporate services including corporate restructuring and insolvency, and (iii) complex commercial litigation. The joinder will not result in any client disruption.
Some of TD’s previous work includes representation of:
- Babyland Family Services, Inc. the not-for-profit provider of childcare, foster care, and services for HIV/AIDS babies, battered women, and children in Newark and East Orange in its chapter 11 bankruptcy petition resulting in the successful reorganization of Babyland and allowing it to continue to provide critical services to women and children in need;
- Barry Sharer, Chapter 7 Trustee in bankruptcy for Joseph Uzzolino, former Teamsters Union President, in securing a $5 million award for breach of contract in connection with the sale of a business;
- Hudson Healthcare, Inc. (“HHI”), the non-for-profit management company that operated Hoboken University Medical Center (“HUMC”) in HHI’s chapter 11 proceeding resulting in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey’s approval of the sale of HHI’s assets, which ultimately allowed the consummation of the sale of HUMC’s assets.
MS&B has provided transactional legal services on many of the State’s highest profile projects, including:
- Prudential Center Arena in Newark, leading the environmental, real estate acquisition and financing efforts;
- Military Ocean Terminal at Bayonne, leading the redevelopment, environmental and finance efforts in connection with the repurposing and revitalization of the terminal, a major economic driver for the region;
- Asbury Park Waterfront redevelopment and infrastructure financing efforts, including the recently completed Asbury Hotel;
- Triple Five Worldwide affiliate Ameream LLC’s public finance counsel in connection with the transformative American Dream at the Meadowlands Project in East Rutherford.
“We firmly believe that TD attorneys are the most outstanding practitioners in their fields,” said MS&B chair Joseph P. Baumann, Jr. “They have been involved in virtually every significant Chapter 11 case in New Jersey for the past 20 years. This joinder of our two firms presents an enormous opportunity for the combined firm to continue to distinguish itself on an expanded platform in the New Jersey legal community.”
“The character, culture, commitment to the community and diversity, and the quality representation of both firms are remarkably consistent and refreshing,” said TD Founding Partner, Richard D. Trenk. “We are confident that we are going to have a highly successful combined enterprise that will render great results for our clients. It’s time to get to work.”
“On a personal and professional level this joinder is both exciting and exhilarating,” said MS&B member Glenn F. Scotland. “There are few instances in our careers when we find ourselves at that special intersection between an institutional commitment to excellence and an across-the-board fondness and respect for the individuals that will be part of the combined enterprise. At MS&B, greater things lie ahead.”