Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti LLP is hosting a breakfast briefing entitled “Doing Deals in the Garden State” on Thursday, October 19, 2017. The seminar will address what you need to know when considering a merger, acquisition or sale of your privately-owned company.
Whether you believe your company or a client of yours may benefit from growing through acquisition or seeking a merger partner, or may be looking to exit, there are important factors specific to New Jersey that need to be part of a careful strategy.
Riker Danzig’s Corporate Group, along with seasoned practitioners from other practices in our Firm, will provide insights for business owners, investment bankers, accountants, financial advisors, and in-house counsel in the complicated area of Mergers & Acquisitions. Topics will include:
- How the deal process typically works, from NDAs through closing
- Due diligence to avoid deal killers and post-closing surprises
- Tax considerations in structuring transactions, including NJ real estate transfer taxes
- ISRA and other environmental concerns for NJ-based transactions
- NJ WARN Act and other considerations for transferring NJ-based employees
- When and how to deal with (and why not to avoid) NJ’s bulk sale notification process
Please join Riker Danzig Corporate Partners Jason Navarino and Ronald Leibman, Tax Partner Robert Daleo, Environmental Partner Steven Senior, Real Estate Counsel James Maggio and Employment Partner Scott Ohnegian for a high-level conversation concerning issues that arise in M&A transactions and how to successfully deal with them.
Thursday, October 19, 2017
8:00 AM – Continental Breakfast
8:30 AM – 10:00 AM – Program
Hyatt Regency Morristown
3 Speedwell Ave
Morristown, NJ 07960
For those of our guests who are practicing attorneys, this program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 1.8 hours of total CLE credit. This program has been approved for 1.5 hours of New York CLE Credits.
Register by October 13 by clicking here or going to www.riker.com/news-events/events/corporate-seminar-october-2017.
Please call 973-538-0800, x. 7558 with any questions.